Re: nsds5task

James wrote:
Does anyone know much about the attribute nsds5task under
cn=replica,cn="m-suffix",cn=mapping tree,cn=config ?

I have a system with multiple directory servers using multi-master replication which has 2 suppliers and 3 dedicated consumers. The system receives a large amount of updates in a batch run at night. The problem I'm experiencing is that if I point the batch run at one of the 2 suppliers, it runs considerably slower than the other supplier (30-50%). The only difference I can find between these two suppliers (other than some expected differences) is this one attribute, who's value is set to "CL2LDIF" on the slow server, and the attribute is not set on the other.
Are you sure both servers are the same version? Are they configured identically? Is the CL2LDIF present in the first master or the second master?

I don't think this has anything to do with your performance difference.
>From the very small amount of information I've found on this attribute, it appears that it causes the directory server to dump its changelogs. Should this attribute be set to "CL2LDIF" on one server constantly, but not be set at all on the other? Might this setting be causing one slow server? If so, how can I fix this situation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
~James