Re: Openldap Slave Servers

Jared B. Griffith wrote:
Is it possible to set up openldap to be slave servers of Fedora Directory Servers?
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:OpenldapIntegration
We currently have BSD gateways, and building FDS for BSD is pretty much a no go (tried for about 3 weeks with no success), and on each gateway we would like to have a read only slave server of our FDS servers. That way if for some ungodly reason our network goes down, logins would still work correctly. I read that it is possible to set up slurpd for replication, but was wondering if anyone here has tried this and had success with it.
Have you tried building the new Fedora DS 1.1 code on BSD? Fedora DS 1.1 uses standard autotools.

--
- Thank you,
- Jared B. Griffith