Re: Can't locate CSN in Multi-Master replica

Dael Maselli wrote:
I can't understand very well what fds do during replica.

My node A has replica id 1 and node B has 2, in the changelog of A I see
records like 4725e604000000010000 or 4725e80f000000010000 and in B records
like 472224f2000000020000, so I conclude that 5th digit from right is the
replica id. Am I wrong???
Right.

When I get the logs "Can't locate CSN 47222163000000020000" in A, is A looking in its own changelog? or in B one? Because, if is true what i said before,
A is looking fot id 1 and B for id 2... Right?
Yes.

By the way, i'm using bin/slapd/server/dbscan -f to look in the changelog, when fds gives the error "Can't locate CSN", I can't see the csn id in the
changelog of A nor B.
I don't think dbscan can look at changelogs.

Can you describe the exact steps you took e.g.
configured and created changelogs on A and B
created replication manager user on A and B
configured A to be a multi master replica
configured B to be a multi master replica
created replication agreement from A to B
created replication agreement from B to A
Did replica init from A to B

Note that you should not do a replica init from B to A if you already did one from A to B

Thank you.

Dael Maselli wrote:
Do you have a changelog configured on B? Is B configured as a multiple master? Is the replica ID for B different than A?

Yes to all.

I hope it's an error of mine, we are planning a big reorganization of
our Authentication and Authorization Infrastructure, FDS seems to be
great for our needs.

I think it is a misconfiguration and maybe it work if I reinstall FDS,
but i need to understand what's happening.

Thank you.