Re: Missing tasks directory

Am Di 09.10.2007 17:47 schrieb Richard Megginson <rmeggins@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> Martin Eckel wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have installed fedora-ds-1.0.4-1 on a FC6 Linux. I am able to run
> > the startconsole, but when I open the Admin Server window and select
> > any item than an error message appears that it trys to access to
> > /admin-serv/tasks/Configuration/ServerSetup. But the tasks directory
> > don't exist. I would expect that is was created by the rpm-package
> > while installation but it isn't.
> > I started the rpm-installation with the --nodeps argument (what I
> > would like to avoid, I assume that could be the reason) because it
> > says that no httpd is available, but an apache is already installed as
> > source-package on this system. I have created a symbolic link before
> > to the httpd-file in /usr/sbin but that don't help.
> > Anyone knows, why no tasks directory and its subfolders was created
> > after the installation ?
> That URL path is not the actual path in the file system. The way the
> admin server works is that it maps that URL to a LDAP entry somewhere
> under o=NetscapeRoot in the configuration directory server. It does
> this so it can apply fine grained access control to each task based on
> Fedora DS ACIs, rather than on httpd access control.
>
> It's going to be tricky to install properly without an httpd.worker
> package available for setup.

My Apache is compiled as worker version.

> > Excuse me for my bad English and many Thanks in advance
> > Martin

Thank you for your answer, Richard. I am still working on the same problem. I have checked my ldap structure into the Directory Server startconsole. There exists an "admin-serv-ldap" element into the NetscapeRoot Directory. I have called my servername "ldap" while the installation setup,so it should be correct. But if I click on any button into the Admin Server console window, the error-message shows that it trys to access to "admin-serv" directory.
Also a mysterious thing is that if I click on a button into the Directory Server window, i.e. "Manage Certificates" than only an empty box is appearing.
Is there any configuration file where this access path is defined ?

Regards,
Martin