Re: ldapmodify and Fedora DS migration

Scott Lacy wrote:
All,

I am migrating an LDAP server off of Netscape I-Planet to Fedora Directory Server 1.0.4. I am having some issues with ldapmodify in that the command that worked in I-Planet 5.0 to do adds, modifiess, and deletes from the same run doesn't seem to work in Fedora DS.

With I-Planet:

ldapmodify -a -c -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w xxxxx -f updates.ldif

would take updates.ldif and do the adds, modifies, and deletions that were in the ldif all in one run.

However, to do the same thing in Fedora DS, I find that I am having to do:

ldapmodify -c -x -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w xxxxx -f updates.ldif

and then

ldapmodify -a -c -x -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w xxxxx -f updates.ldif

So I guess I wondering if there is a way to get one iteration of ldapmodify to handle changes, adds, and deletes as the I-Planet version did.
I'm not sure. In the former case, you're probably using either the Solaris supplied ldapmodify or the mozldap 5.x ldapmodify. In the latter case, you're using OpenLDAP ldapmodify (because of the -x argument, I'm assuming). It's possible that the different ldapmodify clients have different behaviors. You might try /opt/fedora-ds/shared/bin/ldapmodify which is the mozldap 6.x one.

Thanks!