Re: Setting a self ssl certificate

Steven Jones wrote:
Since it appears the LDAP server was stuffed,
How so?
I re-installed it and
again followed the instructions, now I find that in attempting to
re-start the server it will not....
Any errors?
so I have had to re-install again.

So this particular set of instructions,

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/7.1/ssl.html#1085091

breaks the setup....
How so? Did you see this - http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:SSL

The ssl.html above should mostly work, except for the NOTE under the link to ssl.html at http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:SSL#Basic_Steps
So is there a set of instructions to setup a self certified SSL server?
If http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:SSL doesn't work for you, try http://www.csse.uwa.edu.au/~ashley/fedora-ds/fedora-ds-26072006.html which is also listed on the Howto:SSL page.
regards

Steven Jones
Senior  Linux/Unix/San/Vmware System Administrator
APG -Technology Integration Team
Victoria University of Wellington
Phone: +64 4 463 6272