Re: FDS & NIS sync.

Andreas Kekkou wrote:
Hi all,

We are in the process of migrating our NIS domain to FDS and for some time we have to run both systems. Since the current version of FDS does not generates UIDs automatically, we are thinking of creating any new accounts to NIS and export all info every night in ldif format. What command/software I have to use in order to import the ldif file to FDS?
ldapmodify or ldif2db - but beware, ldif2db is destructive - it will completely wipe out any existing data in your database.
Please bear in mind that we want to update the existing user info and create any new users that might exist in the ldif file.

Regards,
Andreas