Re: Instructions to add a new multi-master?

Correct guys, I did ask how to add a new master and I understand that you would destroy the existing replication agreements to insert the new master.

My test involved setting up 4 way (circular) replication agreements between 4 DS.
I destroyed one ant the other 3 DS continued to replicate without issue.
I then rebuilt and added the 4 DS back in to the 4 way (circular) replication.
It did not rebuild itself to contain all of the information the other 3 DS carried and this is what concerned me.
When I added a record to any of the masters it would replicate around to all 4DS.
But the dropped and rebuilt master never recovered all the data, just added the new additions.

I notice you mention "initialize the replica".  It sounds like a step I am missing.  How does one do that?

Thanks
Geoff

David Boreham wrote:
mallapadi niranjan wrote:
would it be possible to just install DS and setup the same hostaname and same replica ID,
and start the replication. Why should we delete the replication aggreement in other master servers, who had replication agreement with them.
You don't have to. The way I read your original post, it wasn't clear that your goal was to
deploy a _replacement_ server (it read like you wanted to add a completely new server).
Suppose there were more than 4 LDAP server say 6 and all are Master replicating each other, if suddenly any of the master server goes down due to hardware reasons, so just installing os , Directory server and putting the same hostname and replica ID and starting replication ,
You'd need to manually initialize the replica once (replication from the peers will
stall until you do this because they'll detect the RUV reset and refuse to send incremental updates).
would the above be possible ? again creating replication aggreements in all the system  just because of 1 server going down.
Yes, this should work just fine.