add new customer to Quickbooks from Directory Server

Disclaimer: Shot in the dark and possibly off-topic. Situation: We add client contacts to our Fedora Directory Server. The billing department has to also manually add client contacts into Quickbooks to generate bills and such.

Goal: Make it so the client contacts only have to be manually added into only one system.

Proposed Solutions: Make Quickbooks look for clients in the directory _or_ create a simple way to export from the directory client contact info (I think Quickbooks uses an IIF file). [BTW, wouldn't it be cool if there was a link in Directory Express web app to generate this like the vCard link?]

Question for List: Has anybody had any experience getting either of these done that they would like to share? Final Disclaimer: Google searches revealed one or more commercial third-party applications that allow Quickbooks to "integrate" with LDAP. A quick look at these programs didn't impress me, but I have _not_ tested them. Google searches also revealed a Finance::IIF perl module that I will keep in mind. Thank you for any input.

--
Best Regards,

Darren Fulton
Concept Technology, Inc.