Re: replica multi-master, clock skew and /etc/ntp.conf

VMWare suggests you do NOT run NTP on the guest OS, only the master. You do not need your own ntp server to run ntp.

If you go to the VMWare site and forums there are many discussions on clock scew.

The way VMware virtualzes the system plays total havoc on the clocks. They might count slow or really fast, or jump forward and backwards.

Also your terminology is confusing 'dom0' is a XEN thing ' guest os' is a vmware thing. It is hard to tell which product you are using.

If you are using VMware and the clock is slow or jumping around refer to my first post. If you are XEN I can not help much.

On 7/2/07, Maurizio Marini <maurizio.marini@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon July 2 2007 11:56, Maurizio Marini wrote:
> Someone there has a very bare and simple /etc/ntp.conf to get 2 master
> servers time synced?
The distro configuration is ok, it is necessary to wait half an hour after
ntpd restart on server, before trying to sync time from clients.
        m.