Re: root certificate for use with startconsole

MJD Shop Account wrote:
How can I import the root certificate into my keystore used for startconsole?  I would like to put it into my ~/.fedora-console/*db files.  I'm assuming if I do so, that I won't need to accept new certificates that were issued by that root authority (they'll be automatically trusted).
You should be able to use the certutil program, with a -d ~/.fedora-console argument, and no -P argument. See http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:SSL#Import_the_CA_cert_into_another_Fedora_DS
I would like to do this under both Linux and Windows.  If I need to use the utilities under Linux, should I be able to copy the resulting *db files to my Windows machine for use with the java console there?  Or would the format be wrong?
The format is supposed to be platform and architecture independent. So you should be able to just copy them to Windows. Make sure you set binmode on in your Windows file transfer utilities so it won't try to convert \n to \r\n when copying the files to Windows.
Thanks,
  MJD