Re: Installing using yum, admin server & automatic uid

Andreas Kekkou wrote:
Hi,

We are in the process of migrating our NIS to FDS. We've been experimenting with FDS 1.0.4 for some time now and we managed to sync it with AD and have our *nix clients authenticating using TLS. Last week I installed FDS on Fedora 7 using yum. We have the base server functioning but it seems too hard to maintain it without the admin server. Does anybody knows if I can get the admin server using cvs?
Not yet.  We're working on it.
And something else, how we take advantage of automatic uid?
You mean the new distributed numeric assignment plugin in Fedora DS 1.1 (that is, the version of fedora-ds-base available via F7 yum)?
I'm creating accounts using Softerra's LDAP Administrator. I've created a custom template and set uid to optional but when I'm trying to create an account I getting an error message.
What error message?  What exactly are you trying to do?

Andreas