Previous password still works?

Hi folks,

I've been googling 'til my eyes bleed but I can't find anything on this.

We're using FDS 1.0.2 and I recently used the admin console (logged in as myself, not as the admin account) to change my personal account password. The new password worked, so far so good. The problem is that my *old* password still worked as well. Everywhere. Login through PAM, login to the FDS admin console, you name it.

After doing some testing I've found that if I change my password logged in as myself the old password will still work, yet if I change it logged in with our admin user account only the new one works. What am I missing?

I was planning on putting together a web-form for user password changes (using the user's credentials to bind), but if user password changes won't invalidate old passwords I'm going to have to change my approach.

-chris