Re: Re: Another segfault ...

Philip Kime wrote:
No.  Can you post the last few lines from your errors and access logs?

Well, part of the problem is that this server gets so hammered - 99.9%
CPU devoted to nslapd all the time, that the access logs roll over so
quickly, I don't have them any more. According to the FDSgraph charts
(which are messed up because I think it's so busy, the graphs are just a
patchwork of points which aren't joined up),
Ok.  Then, how about the error log?
it does about 70k ops per
minutes, peaking at about 140k.
What are the clients?  OS login?
This suddenly shot up a few weeks ago
and nobody seems to know why so I'm assuming that the load is the
problem. I was thinking about increasing the mem cache for FDS - worth
trying? It seems to be at the default (10 Meg?) and this box has easily
3Gb doing nothing at any one time.
The mem cache should only be large enough to hold all of the entries/indexes in your database - any more than that is not used. You could try increasing it, but I doubt it will help.
PK