Re: db_verify

Ville Silventoinen wrote:
Hi Noriko, thanks for you reply.

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007, Noriko Hosoi wrote:
[...]
Is there a way to find out which entries are causing the problem? Can there be illegal characters in the entries?

Could it be possible to share your data with us? (sample data would be good.)

I asked my manager but he doesn't think it's a good idea for security reasons. The problem is that the data is our NIS mail.aliases and passwd, and we don't want to distribute them to the internet. He suggested I'll modify the data, so I can send a sample to you. I'll do that next week.
That would be great. Thanks! I'm interested in what type of characters your data contain. E.g., character set is UTF-8? Some of your DNs could contain any special characters such as '\'? etc...
What would you be looking for in the data? Perhaps I could do it here?

Today I have been trying to narrow down which entries in our mail.aliases cause the problem. We have about 8400 aliases (includes majordomo and mailman aliases) and if I sort them alphabetically and import only entries 250-500, I get following errors from verify-db.pl:

Verify log files in db ... Good
Verify db/ebiRoot/ancestorid.db4 ...
DB ERROR: db_verify: Page 2: out-of-order key at entry 254
DB ERROR: db_verify: DB->verify: db/ebiRoot/ancestorid.db4: DB_VERIFY_BAD: Database verification failed
Secondary index file ancestorid.db4 in db/ebiRoot is corrupted.
Please run db2index(.pl) for reindexing.
Verify db/ebiRoot/objectclass.db4 ...
DB ERROR: db_verify: Page 2: out-of-order key at entry 255
DB ERROR: db_verify: DB->verify: db/ebiRoot/objectclass.db4: DB_VERIFY_BAD: Database verification failed
Secondary index file objectclass.db4 in db/ebiRoot is corrupted.
Please run db2index(.pl) for reindexing.
Verify db/ebiRoot/nsuniqueid.db4 ... Good
Verify db/ebiRoot/parentid.db4 ...
DB ERROR: db_verify: Page 1: unsorted duplicate set in sorted-dup database DB ERROR: db_verify: DB->verify: db/ebiRoot/parentid.db4: DB_VERIFY_BAD: Database verification failed
Secondary index file parentid.db4 in db/ebiRoot is corrupted.
Please run db2index(.pl) for reindexing.
Verify db/ebiRoot/cn.db4 ...
DB ERROR: db_verify: Page 2: unsorted duplicate set in sorted-dup database DB ERROR: db_verify: Page 6: unsorted duplicate set in sorted-dup database DB ERROR: db_verify: Page 8: unsorted duplicate set in sorted-dup database DB ERROR: db_verify: Page 11: unsorted duplicate set in sorted-dup database DB ERROR: db_verify: Page 3: unsorted duplicate set in sorted-dup database DB ERROR: db_verify: Page 12: unsorted duplicate set in sorted-dup database DB ERROR: db_verify: Page 4: unsorted duplicate set in sorted-dup database DB ERROR: db_verify: Page 10: unsorted duplicate set in sorted-dup database DB ERROR: db_verify: Page 5: unsorted duplicate set in sorted-dup database DB ERROR: db_verify: Page 7: unsorted duplicate set in sorted-dup database DB ERROR: db_verify: DB->verify: db/ebiRoot/cn.db4: DB_VERIFY_BAD: Database verification failed
Secondary index file cn.db4 in db/ebiRoot is corrupted.
Please run db2index(.pl) for reindexing.

So there's a new error "unsorted duplicate set in sorted-dup database". What does it mean?
It does not say much... Our secondary indexes are sorted-dup database. OIDs in the entries sharing the same key are supposed to be sorted in each key-value. It looks the internal sorting is broken.

I have a couple of questions...

So, in your ldif data, the mail attribute also has this type of value: "|/homes/majordom/wrapper stripmime.pl|/homes/majordom/wrapper resend -l foobar-dev foobar-dev-outgoing"? And your mail index has the default indexing type: presence, equality, and substring?

What type of indexing does the rfc822MailMember attribute have?

Have we already heard what platform you are running the FDS on?
Thanks,
--noriko

Curious thing is that I cannot narrow down the problematic entries any further. I've tried importing entries 300-450 and 275-475, but there's no error. Also tried with two different sets from various ranges, but no success yet. It only seems to happen when I import at least 250 entries.

This is how a single entry looks like:

dn: cn=foobar-dev-local,ou=Aliases,dc=ebi,dc=ac,dc=uk
cn: foobar-dev-local
objectClass: top
objectClass: nisMailAlias
rfc822MailMember: "|/homes/majordom/wrapper stripmime.pl|/homes/majordom/wra
pper resend -l foobar-dev foobar-dev-outgoing"

I also tried skipping all entries with double quotes, but I still got errors. There can be several rfc822MailMember attribute values, as you probably know.

Thanks for your time, I really appreciate it.

Ville