Re: Deleting database

Ville Silventoinen wrote:
I'm using Fedora DS 1.0.4. I've written an application that uses Fedora DS and next I'm planning to write unit tests. I'm wondering if there is a way to delete the whole userRoot database and create it again? I searched the documentation and there seems to be a way to create the database from command line, but no way to delete it, except from the GUI?
Just delete the entry (e.g. delete cn=userRoot,cn=ldbm database,cn=plugins,cn=config). You will have to do some sort of recursive deletion to remove all of the child entries. I think this is what the GUI does - just check the access logs for the server after deleting the database in the console.

The reason I'd like to re-create the database is that it simplifies writing unit tests. Before each test case I'd like to re-create the database and import a fixture. Well, that's how I've done unit tests for database applications before, perhaps someone has a better approach?

Thank you for any advice!

Best regards,
Ville