Re: Samba/Fedora DS/Windows Password Sync

Jeff Gamsby wrote:
Using PassSync, changing the passwords from the AD/NT side will also change passwords on the Fedora DS side. It will not however change the Samba passwords. If you have "ldap passwd sync = yes" in your Samba config, then you can use smbpasswd to change all passwords at the same time. If you migrate over to an AD server in place of Samba, you can use domain logins and have users change their password in Windows which would also change the Fedora DS password as well.

Is there a way to sync from AD and then use LDAP authentication for Linux boxes that don't know about AD? I thought I saw something earlier that said the Posix acount information didn't sync. If that is true can you configure Linux to use whatever password does sync?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx