Re: Forgive the misunderstandings of a "newb"

I am running Fedora Core 5 and have (as far as I can understand) all required modules, etc. installed, I have checked the ldap.conf file and it is pointing to our LDAP server, I have checked the nsswitch.conf file and it appears to be configured correctly. But after having deleted the user from the local machine, I now cannot login because of authentication failure.
System-config-authenticatin in pam.d contains this:

#%PAM-1.0
auth            include         config-util
account         include         config-util
session         include         config-util

So, back to the drawing board and more searching on the web. It seems as if most of these how-to's are geared toward people what have a working understanding of how all of this integrates into LDAP. An assumption that I wouldn't necessarily make, especially in light of the fact that if you come from a Windoze server environment, AD is used which doesn't have all of these configuration issues (you just get a whole new set of issues).

Keir Whitlock wrote:
System-config-authentication should have picked this up on newer
versions of redhat and fedora

_________________________________________ Keir Whitlock
Unix Systems Administrator
Unix Operations Team

T: +44 (0)870 7748500
F: +44 (0)870 7748501
E: keir.whitlock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx W: www.jobsite.co.uk

Legally privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this
message. If you are not the addressee(s) legally indicated in this
message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you
may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should
destroy this message, and notify us immediately. If you or your employer
does not consent to Internet e-mail messages of this kind, please advise
us immediately. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in
this message are not given or endorsed by my firm or employer unless
otherwise indicated by an authorised representative independent of this
message. Please note that despite using the latest virus software,
neither my employer nor I accept any responsibility for viruses and it
is your responsibility to scan attachments (if any).