Re: Admin console's default view is empty

Oscar A. Valdez wrote:
El vie, 02-02-2007 a las 13:27 -0800, Noriko Hosoi escribió:
Oscar A. Valdez wrote:
The backup was created and restored with db2bak. Would this imply that
the backup contained the Admin Server's ou=duraflex.com.sv" and that it
was imported into a Directory Server with "ou=duraflex"?
That's most likely what happened to your server...

Again, as I said, I'm willing to try changing the Admin Server over to
"ou=duraflex". I'll appreciate your pointers on how to do it.
Well, I'd try the following, but since we haven't tested it, we don't know how it ends up...
1. shutdown the admin server and console
2. go to your <server_root>/admin-serv/config
3. replace "ou=duraflex.com.sv" with "ou=duraflex" in all the files in the directory
4. restart the admin server, then console
5. login on the console

Hope it goes fine...

I think it went in the  right direction. After logging in, I got two
ou's in the console's default view: "duraflex.com.sv" and "duraflex". I
deleted the first one. The second one can be expanded to show the server
"pendragon", which in turn can be expanded to show an "Administration
Server" and a "Directory Server". However, when I click the first, it
tries but fails to download and install server component admserv10.jar,
and when I click the second, it tries but fails to install server
component ds10.jar.

In addition, the admin-serv error log has lines like this:

[crit] populate_tasks_from_server(): Unable to search
[cn=admin-serv-pendragon, cn=Fedora Administration Server, cn=Server
Group, cn=pendragon.duraflex.com.sv, ou=duraflex, o=NetscapeRoot] for
LDAPConnection [pendragon.duraflex.com.sv:389]

Hmm, that does not sound right... How about resuming the admin-serv/config files and changing the Directory Server side?

1. shutdown the admin server and console
2. go to your <server_root>/admin-serv/config
3. replace back to "ou=duraflex.com.sv" in all the files in the directory
4. go to your config directory server instance dir: <server_root>/slapd-<id>
5. export DIT under o=netscaperoot: $ db2ldif -n NetscapeRoot
  ldiffile: <server_root>/slapd-<id>/ldif/<date_time>.ldif
  [...] - export NetscapeRoot: Processed 103 entries (100%).
6. edit the <date_time>.ldif file: replace "ou=duraflex" with "ou=duraflex.com.sv"
  The word may be split across two lines.  Please be careful if you substitute the word automatically.
7. stop the directory server: stop-slapd
8. import the <date_time>.ldif file: ldif2db -n NetscapeRoot -i <server_root>/slapd-<id>/ldif/<date_time>.ldif 9. restart the directory server: start-slapd
10. restart the admin server, then console
11. login on the console

If this does not work, you'd better re-install the server and import your data to the new server.
1. on the current directory server, export the data into ldif files.
  go to your <server_root>/slapd-<id>; run "db2ldif -n <backend>" for each backend (e.g., userRoot) EXCEPT NetscapeRoot
2. install new FDS
3. go to the <new_server_root>/slapd-<id>
4. stop the directory server
5. import the ldif files from the current directory server
  repeat "ldif2db -n <backend> -i <server_root>/slapd-<id>/<date_time>.ldif" for each <date_time>.ldif file exported in (1).
6. start the directory server

Thanks,
--noriko