Re: Back in SSL hell again!

Glenn wrote:
So I'm just about to finish getting Windows Sync working between RH Directory Server 7.1SP3 and Active Directory. The latest error message in the passsync log says "insufficient access", so I create an ACI that gives the replication manager access to everything, just to see if it will work. Nope. So I think, maybe I have to restart the Directory Server. And then it fails to restart, logging the error message:

SSL alert: CERT_VerifyCertificateNow: verify certificate failed for cert server-cert of family cn=RSA,cn=encryption,cn=cconfig (Netscape Portable Runtime error -8181 - Peer's Certificate has expired.)
Is it possible it is complaining about the CA cert?
Yeah, right.  Here's a copy of the certificate:

[root@ourserver alias]# ./certutil -L -d ./ -n server-cert
Certificate:
        Version: 3 (0x2)
        Serial Number:
            16:43:78:57:00:00:00:00:00:0e
        Signature Algorithm: PKCS #1 SHA-1 With RSA Encryption
        Issuer:
            "CN=OURCA,DC=ad,DC=ourshop,DC=edu"
        Validity:
            Not Before: Tue Nov 14 22:50:17 2006
            Not After : Thu Nov 13 22:50:17 2008
Now, I'll grant you that this little synchronization exercise FEELS like it has gone on for more than two years, but according to the certificate, it has taken barely two months so far, leaving the certificate good for another 22 months. Once again, the SSL error message seems to have little to do with reality.

I just restarted the server three hours earlier, and it worked fine then. Can anyone suggest what I might try now? Thanks. -Glenn.