Re: Virtual Views entries only as leaves?

Yes! It works :) Big thanks for the help Pete.

Ewen

On 1/9/07, Pete Rowley <prowley@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ewen Cumming wrote:
> That works OK, however when I add an 'nsViewFilter: (o=org3)'
> attribute to ou=group, org3 displays correctly as a virtual entry
> under ou=group but ou=subgroup stops displaying org1 and org2 as
> virtual entries.
>
> Any ideas?
Yes :)  You have misunderstood how views work a little. Each view with a
filter restricts the descendant entries that may exist in the hierarchy,
so the higher view filters should be general like o=finance, then the
next level might be (o=Purchasing) with a peer (o=Sales), a third level
under the latter might contain (o=USA Sales) and (o=Canada Sales). Each
time you add a sub-view with a view filter it will remove those entries
that match from the parent and begin displaying them in the sub-view. To
get what you are after you would need to add something like (o=*) or
(|((o=org1)(o=org2)(o=org3))) to the ou=group entry.

--
Pete