Re: big searches dont return anything

Stéphane Konstantaropoulos wrote:
Hello,

I am moving our old Sun One setup to Fedora Directory server and I am pretty impressed.

Just one thing does not work: searches that find a lot of entries:

e.g. if I search for "smith", nothing comes back, no error either (from the console). I have around 10 000 users, so I'd say there are a lot of Smith's since this is London...

However, if I make the search more precise, like "John Smith", it returns the results.

It must have something to do with search limits, I tried a couple of things in the console but no result at all.

I think I remember a param called "admin limit" but I cannot find it in the console. I tuned "lookthrough limit" and "size limit" with no luck.
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/pdf/ds71cli.pdf
Look for nsslapd-sizelimit, nsslapd-timelimit, and nsslapd-lookthroughlimit

Also, please post the RESULT line from the access log for these searches which do not return results.
Any ideas?

This is FDS 1.0.4 running on Fedora Core 6, x86_64.

Thanks for helping,