Re: pam_ldap with SSL/TLS

Morris, Patrick wrote:
I am trying to setup pam_ldap to use TLS to communicate with the FDS, but having lots of problems doing so; it works if I use the unencrypted way but not if I use ldaps ( port 636 )

Someone should jump in here and correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe
it's normal for TLS connections to happen on the standard LDAP port.
You should be able to tell from your logs whether the connection is
encrypted or not.
Yes. The LDAP "preferred" way is to use the startTLS extended operation which starts a TLS session on the non-secure port. This will be logged in the access log.