Re: Memory usage

koniczynek wrote:
Hello,
I've installed FDS 1.0.4 on test system with only 256MiBs of RAM. Now I want to test performance and when I've started to query FDS with ldapsearch on my full LDAP tree the load of linux box raised to 12 but FDS memory usage stays @ 90-110MiBs of ram, regardless of that I've added RAM and now linux box has 2048MiBs. Is there any option to set for FDS, that it uses more ram for cache or some other purpose?
This is an excellent cache/memory tuning document from a Sun employee, primarily targeted to Sun DS users, but almost all of the information is relevant to Fedora DS (since they share a common lineage).

http://www.directorymanager.org/blogs/ds_cache_sizing.pdf