Re: can you use chaining to retrieve some attributes

Zeli Kartzman wrote:
forgive my ignorance of ldap; i'm just beginning. we want to set up a
directory server which contains all the attributes except one. the other
attribute we want to retrive from an ActiveDirectory Server. in other
words, the client will issue a search query to the directory server and the directory server should return the combined list of attributes from this directory server and the AD server. can this be done with chaining?

No. Chaining works on a suffix/database basis, not on an individual attribute value basis. You would have to write a C code plug-in to provide this. For an example, see the presence plugin that is bundled with the DS. This allows you to set an attribute value via http. We used to use it to provide the AIM presence by querying the oscar aim http url. It also worked with Yahoo, ICQ, et. al.
thanks

bz