Re: Windows Sync - Unable to contact Active Directory

Glenn wrote:
I'm still trying to get Windows Sync working on my Red Hat Directory Server 7.1 SP3evaluation. I have followed all the instructions, including SSL and certificate setup. When I try to create a synchronization agreement, I fill out Windows Sync Server Info form and click Next, and a Warning window pops up with the message, "Unable to contact Active Directory server, continue?" There are two buttons, Yes and No. So far, I haven't clicked the Yes button, because I don't think synchronization will work if the Directory Server can't contact the Active Directory server.
What is the full DN that you are using to BIND to AD? It's usually something like
cn=Administrator,cn=Users,dc=yourdomain,dc=tld e.g.
cn=Administrator,cn=Users,dc=redhat,dc=com
I can ping the Active Directory server by its host name and by its fully qualified domain name. What else should I be looking at? Thanks. -Glenn.
Try the ldapsearch command line like this:
/usr/bin/ldapsearch -x -h ADhost -D "cn=Administrator,cn=Users,dc=yourdomain,dc=tld" -W -s base -b ""