Re: disable bind with blank password

nattapon viroonsri napsal(a):
Hi,

Look like default fedora-ds policy is accept bind with blank password?
i have tested with
ldapsearch -x -D "uid=someone,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com" -w ""
get same result as use correct password

if i use wrong password i wil get
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)

How can i disable bind with blank password  ?

Thanks
Nattapon

I'm not FDS expert but as I have noticed FDS will log you anonymously if you enter no password... Try to do some changes in FDS without password (i.e. change office number of user you have specified to bind).
If you don't want this, you need to disable access for anonymous users.
Feature to disable anonymous binding at all is in plan for future versions. In actual version all you need/can to do, is disable ACI for anonymous access. But be sure, that no other utility uses anonymous access to LDAP as i.e. pam and nss does in default.

Radek