Re: Password Attributes in MM replication

Justin Crawford wrote:
Justin Crawford wrote:
Is "passwordRetryCount" replicated in a multimaster setup?
Or, when
replication copies a "userPassword" change, is "passwordRetryCount"
reset to 0 in the consumer, by the consumer?

I just helped a user whose retry count was 0 on one of our
replicated
LDAPs, but stuck at maximum on the other, *after* multiple password changes. I didn't think that would be possible!
Are these read-only replicas or masters?

These are both masters in a multimaster setup.  Changing the password on
ldap1 changes the password and passwordExpirationTime on ldap2.  But
passwordRetryCount on ldap2 remains unchanged.  I've usually seen
passwordRetryCount reset to 0 when userPassword changes, no matter how
the password change occurs.  Is it different with multimaster
replication?
Yes. You have to enable global password policy. By default, password policy is local to each host. You have to enable global password policy to replicate the password policy op attrs. In the entry cn=config, set the attribute passwordisglobalpolicy to the value "on".