Re: Infinite loop during installation process

Graham Leggett wrote:
Richard Megginson wrote:

It appears when an attempt is made to select "manage certificates", and a number of other places.
I think this means it's trying to talk SSL. It could be attempting to open an https connection to the admin server which is only listening to http. You could try starting the console using
startconsole -D 9 > file 2>&1
to capture the detailed debug log to file. This should give us more information about what it's doing when it gets that exception.

Using tcplow to sniff the admin console port, the admin server is definitely trying to talk ssl.

Is there a method of telling the admin server _not_ to use SSL? I have searched high and low inside the directory, and all the config I can find has the admin server defined with SSL disabled.

Alternatively, is there a way to switch SSL on on the admin server without using the console?
1) edit admin-serv/config/console.conf and change NSSEngine from "on" to "off"
2) find the cn=configuration entry for the admin server:
ldapsearch -x -D "cn=directory manager" -w password -s sub -b o=netscaperoot "nsserversecurity=on" 3) If this returns the config entry for the admin server, use ldapmodify to turn security off:
ldapmodify -x -D "cn=directory manager" -w password
dn: dn returned above
changetype: modify
replace: nsServerSecurity
nsServerSecurity: off

4) restart admin server - restart-admin

This should cause admin server to use http instead of https.

Regards,
Graham