Sent: Saturday, November 04, 2006 11:11 AM
Subject: Re:  Linux password change/expiration issue

Hi all,
Sorry to be a pest with this, but I am so close. I went back
to using shadowAccount and have it all behaving just as I need with
one acception. When a client uses successfully changes their password,
the userPassword attribute is changed in LDAP, but the shadowLastChange
is not updated to the current day, and the password is still being
interpreted as expired. This occurs with FDS 1.0.2 and 1.0.3. So I am
not chasing an unattainable goal, should shadowLastChange be getting
updated at the same time and procedure as is userPassword? Thanks.

--
- Kyle