Re: modify userPassword via perl-ldap?

Jo De Troy wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to modify the userPassword value from within a perl script
using Perl::LDAP.
I generate an encrypted pwd in perl and then write it to FedoraDS via
ldap->modify
The update seems successfull but when I query FedoraDS afterwards the
string in userPassword is not the same as the one I generated. What
exactly is happening in the background giving this result? I tried
writing the same value to another attribute (eg mail) and then it is
as expected.
What's the best way to update the userPassword from within perl?

When the server is set to do password hashing, then it hashes the value you send unless you prefix it with {sha} or similar. When prefixed, the server assumes that you know what you are doing.

--
mike