Re: fedoraDS will replace ADS

osk wrote:
Hi,
we are tring to replace with ADS with Fedora DS, In ADS the following can do, when the client login into ADS domain.

1) Right click disable for clients
I'm not sure what this means, but the Fedora DS console allows you to right click on a user and inactivate/disable without removing.
2) Block/Allow the specific software installation
Nope. This is a feature of Windows + AD - very complex to implement in the linux world.
3) Can override the users local setting by group policy eg) password expire, if the local user set the password expire date to 5 days, the ADS can override to 3 days.
FDS has per-user/per-subtree password policy.
4) Disable the client to change the internet options-> to modify the proxy server name. 5) Do the software updates to clients from ADS, if the client not updated properly.
6) Block/Allow the regedit from ADS.
Nope.  None of these.  See 2) above.

now we are able to PDC with samba using FedoraDS, and each user can able to login and their profile can create in either common storage or localstorage of FedoraDS server.
That's about it. Until Samba4 is released, there is no viable alternative to everything that AD + Windows can do, especially with group policy.

Can any one suggest howto fullfill the above points.

regards
Karthikeyan.N