Re: Simple SASL configuration

devel - Fashion Content wrote:

[...]
OpenLDAP ldapsearch: Shows userPassword results hashed, but otherwise shows
the users I look up
OpenLDAP ldapsearch userPassword=secret: Success
Fedora ldapsearch: Fails to find anything

??? Users are not stored in the Fedora DS? Or auth as the user with the password fails and does not return anything?

If you run this command, what mechanism list do you get? Is the mechanism you are trying to use is on the list?
$ cd /opt/fedora-ds/shared/bin
$ ./ldapsearch -p <your_port> -D <directory_manager> -w <directory_manager_passwd> -b "" -s base "(objectclass=*)" supportedSASLMechanisms
version: 1
dn:
supportedSASLMechanisms: EXTERNAL
supportedSASLMechanisms: PLAIN
supportedSASLMechanisms: CRAM-MD5
supportedSASLMechanisms: ANONYMOUS
supportedSASLMechanisms: GSSAPI
supportedSASLMechanisms: DIGEST-MD5

testsaslauthd -u devel -p secret: Fails to find anything, error code 32 I
think

I haven't figured out how to make saslauthd report the ldap queries, so I
know very little of what happens and the Fedora logs
don't appear to help much more.

BTW, Fedora DS uses cyrus sasl v2.1.20.

Interesting. I have installed cyrus sasl using yum, will that be another installation than the
one Fedora DS uses? will it use different conf files?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the problem is down to me configuring the wrong ldap+sasl combination.

Henrik