Re: Slapd stops periodically

Timothy wrote:
I'm having an issue where slapd just stops periodically and there's no info in the logs.

My setup:

fedora-ds-1.0.2-1.RHEL4 on RHAS4.4.

The userRoot database is setup as a consumer for an iPlanet 5.1 (win2k).
iPlanet is setup as single master and the replication agreement is set to "always keep the directories in sync".

Works perfectly except every couple of days slapd on the fedora-ds box just quits.

I googled the archives and don't see anything relevant.
Any pointers on how to debug would be appreciated.
Post excepts of your access and error logs just before the server exits.
Once you get it narrowed down, you can try turning up the debug level - http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/FAQ#Troubleshooting - in general this is a bad idea on a production machine except for a very limited period of time.
Thanks,
Timothy