Re: FDS Replication problem

jamsda wrote:
Yeah, I tested the pings by hostnames and all four
servers resolve. They are resolving using local
/etc/hosts although.

That's the problem. FDS doesn't use /etc/hosts. The one machine which isn't working is in another domain, not resolvable by the system, e.g. /etc/resolv.conf listed search domain and/or nameservers.

I have a question about the dse.ldif file. Can that
file be modified by hand, or does it require some
binary such as ldapmodify to make changes to it?

You can modify it by hand if you stop the server first. Changes during runtime will be lost. If you modify it during runtime via LDAP, then changes are saved.

BR,
Mike
--
http://www.netauth.com - LDAP Directory Consulting