Re: Question re: {KERBEROS} syntax

Tom Ryan wrote:
It happens to all of us...

I am still having a couple of issues though (for everyone else listening :)

I changed pamMapMethod to Entry
I then set pamIDAttr to aliasedObjectName (out of laziness for now)

When I start the slapd with this, I get this..

pam_passthru-plugin - Warning: The following suffixes listed in pamExcludeSuffix or pamIncludeSuffix are not present in this server: o=NetscapeRoot

But, the admin server will still start just fine..
The warning is just for your information, for debugging the set up, if you accidentally set an incorrect suffix. If you don't have the o=NetscapeRoot suffix on this server, or if you don't want to do pam passthru on that suffix, you can either omit it from the include/exclude list, or set the attribute pamMissingSuffix in the pam plugin entry to "IGNORE".

Regardless, the system does not appear to try to use the aliasedobjectname for the user to pass to pam.. (I have KRBPRINC@xxxxxxxxx in aliasedobjectname)..
Any errors in the errors log? Does it work any better if your krbprinc name is all lower case and the realm is all upper case e.g. krbprinc@xxxxxxxxx?

Any ideas?

Tom

Ps.. If I leave it as RDN, I get no error on startup about suffix and as long as my bind dn matches my krb princ in the default realm, it works.. So I’m halfway there?