Re: Question re: {KERBEROS} syntax

Tom Ryan wrote:

On 7/25/06 4:00 PM, "Richard Megginson" <rmeggins@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    > That being said, it would appear that fedora ds does not have an
    equiv
    > capability as the openldap server correct out of the box?

    That is correct, but the pam passthru auth plugin will do what you
    want.

I’m confused.. It would appear that while it would do something (albeit similar), it would not do what I want..

I.e. Allow me to authenticate a user (irregardless of whether they have an account on the local system) by using the supplied simple bind credentials and attempting a kerberos validation of them.
Yes, because with the plugin, fedora ds simply passes the credentials through to PAM, which can be configured to do kerberos auth (local or remote). So, instead of using saslauthd (as in openldap) you just use PAM to do the same thing.

Thanks and again, please pardon my ignorance.

Tom