Re: Question re: {KERBEROS} syntax

Tom Ryan wrote:
Yes, but its not quite what I’m looking for. Using {KERBEROS} under openldap, the ldap server would validate the supplied user/password using kerberos..

Unless I’m missing something, this won’t work for me..
Are you attempting a SASL/Kerberos bind or a simple username/password bind? If the latter, you will need the PAM passthru auth plugin:
http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/ldapserver/ldap/servers/plugins/pam_passthru/README?root=dirsec&rev=1.4&view=auto

Tom

On 7/25/06 3:37 PM, "Richard Megginson" <rmeggins@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Tom Ryan wrote:
    > I am in the midst of migrating from openldap to fedora ds.
    >
    > In openldap, I could specify the userpassword as
    >
    > {KERBEROS}kerberosprinc@REALM
    >
    > And openldap would utilize that for bind verification..
    >
    > Is this possible under fedora ds? Would a plugin be required (is one
    > currently available?)

    Did you see this?
    http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:Kerberos