Re: directory server stopped

osk wrote:
hi,

On 7/10/06, *Richard Megginson* <rmeggins@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:rmeggins@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    osk wrote:
    > hi,
    >      when we do any modification using ldapadd,ldapmodify the server
    > shutting down the 389 service
    Do you have an example of the ldapmodify command you are doing?

ldapmodify -x -w admin123 -D "cn=admin,o=xyz" -h
  192.168.250.10 <http://192.168.250.10> -f Pankaj.Dhir_modify.ldif

modifying uid=SUNITA.DEVI,cn=people,o=xyz
ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

the content of "Pankaj.Dhir_modify.ldif
"

dn: uid=SUNITA.DEVI,cn=people,o=xyz
changetype: modify
replace: userPassword
userPassword: password

    > in "/opt/redhat-ds/slapd-inp1pf01/logs/errors" the following
    error if
    > we restart the service
    Is there anything else in the errors log before this?  Can you post a
    relevant excerpt from your access log?

I enabled loglevel 512 and even 8192 also, but the server not writing any information into log file while server crashing
Try loglevel 1

    What version of Fedora DS are you using?  What OS and version?

I am using RHEl4U2 - rhds-7.1-sp2
Are you a Red Hat Directory Server customer? If so, you might want to go through your support channel - they may have more information. But this does sound suspiciously like a bug we encountered. Are you using the new password syntax checking?

waiting for your response
regards
karthikeyan.N

--