Re: packaging problems.

Hai Zaar wrote:
Dear, list,

I know that you are currently working on making FDS to be more FHS
friendly, but anyway, I've got the problem with the current packaging.

I'm building FDS-1.0.2 using dsbuild. When build finishes,
ds/ldapserver/work dir contains file
allLinux2.6_x86_glibc_PTH_OPT.OBJ.tar.gz, that, AFAIK, should be
unzipped and then ./setup should be run.

The problem is, not all of the files are packaged:
 cd ds/ldapserver/work
 mkdir /tmp/fds
 tar zxvf allLinux2.6_x86_glibc_PTH_OPT.OBJ.tar.gz  -C /tmp/fds
 cd /tmp/fds && ls -la
admin  base  dsktune  setup  setup.inf  slapd  tmp

'svrcore' dir is missing, setup complains about it and fails.
Yes, that appears to be a bug in dsbuild.
On the
onther hand, produced rpm is fine, and running setup from
ds/servercore/work/pkg dir (that looks like origin for the tarball)
succeeds.
Ok, you found the workaround. If you want to use the tar.gz file, you can just manually add the svrcore directory to it and it should work fine.

Distro: LFS-6.1+kernel-2.6.15.

P.S. I'm not on the list, so please CC me.