Re: Need information about phpldapadmin and Fedora DS

Toby Kraft wrote:
Richard,
What I had to do to get PLA to work with FDS was:
1 - edit /etc/php.ini to increase the memory_limit value, I changed 8M to 32M 2 - edit /var/www/html/phpldapadmin/config/config.php to specify the Server and Base settings.

If I do not set the 'base' setting, then I get this

"Could not determine the root of your LDAP tree.
It appears that the LDAP server has been configured to not reveal its root.
Please specify it in config.php"
What OS?  Fedora Core 4? 5?

One question I have is - what needs to be changed in FDS to allow clients to determine the root?
I'm not sure - fds allows rootdse searches by anonymous by default, and returns the namingContexts attribute, so I don't know what else phpldapadmin is looking for - have you checked the access log to see what it's searching for? Is there anything in the phpldapadmin logs about this?

I'm running FDS 1.0.2, default setup for example.com <http://example.com> as outlined in the quickstart.

Thanks,

Toby