Re: rename an instance, possible ?

Mikael Kermorgant wrote:
Hello,

During my tests of Fedora Directory Server, I've created a server with
a temporary name.
The instance of FDS herited of that name.

Now that I'm going to put it in production, I'd like to give the
instance a definitive name.
Is it possible to rename the instance ?
If not, what would the easiest way to achieve my goal ?
Firstly, do you really need to rename your instance (e.g. slapd-test -> slapd-prod)? Clients will not see the name, only administrative users (e.g. console).

It's really very difficult to rename an instance, and not documented at all. You would be on your own.

(I've tested to clone my test instance but the option is disabled and
it seems I'll still need the original test instance).

Thanks in advance,