Thanks

From: Pete Rowley <prowley@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 11:45:41 -0700

log?

Joe Sheehan wrote:
We are using the startup script for Fedora as
shown below with the corresponding /etc/sysconfig/ns-slapd
The problem is during a reboot ns-slapd doesn't start. (the run levels are set to 3,4,5).
From the command line though using this script it starts.

In the /var/log/messages for a reboot we see
sql_select option missing
auxpropfunc error no mechanism available
ns-slapd failed

For a command line start we see
sql_select option missing
auxpropfunc error no mechanism available
ns-slapd started successfully.

Those two errors seem to be consist with a permission problem similar to openldap
but we haven't had any luck with that yet BUT is there a way to figure out
why during a reboot it doesn't start besides getting a "ns-slapd failed".

Thanks (scripts below)

Joe
# Source function library.
. /etc/init.d/functions

SLAPD_HOST=`hostname -a`
SLAPD_DIR=/opt/fedora-ds/bin/slapd/server
PIDFILE=$SLAPD_DIR/logs/pid
STARTPIDFILE=$SLAPD_DIR/logs/startpid

if [ -f /etc/sysconfig/ns-slapd ]; then
    . /etc/sysconfig/ns-slapd
fi

start() {
    echo -n "Starting Fedora Directory Server: "
    if [ -f $STARTPIDFILE ]; then
        PID=`cat $STARTPIDFILE`
        echo ns-slapd already running: $PID
        exit 2;
    elif [ -f $PIDFILE ]; then
        PID=`cat $PIDFILE`
        echo ns-slapd already running: $PID
        exit 2;
    else
        echo Here we go...
        cd $SLAPD_DIR
        daemon    ./ns-slapd $OPTIONS
        RETVAL=$?
            echo
           [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && touch /var/lock/subsys/ns-slapd
           return $RETVAL
    fi

}

stop() {
    echo -n "Shutting down Fedora Directory Server: "
    echo
    killproc ns-slapd
    echo
    rm -f /var/lock/subsys/ns-slapd
    return 0
}

case "$1" in
   start)
    start
    ;;
   stop)
    stop
    ;;
   status)
    status ns-slapd
    ;;
   restart)
       stop
    start
    ;;
   *)
    echo "Usage: <servicename> {start|stop|status|restart}"
    exit 1
    ;;
esac
exit $?