Re: SSL directory server gateway

Jason Russler wrote:
Hi all,
I'm pretty uncertain about the best way to go about configuring the admin server to use SSL (FDS1.0.2) . All of the docs I'm finding are pretty shaky. Ultimately, I want users to manage their passwords and info via the web-based Directory Server Gateway over SSL. This would appear to be the same thing as enabling SSL for the admin server. The setupssl.sh script provided by the SSL howto, generates the keys/certs for the admin server and imports them into the appropriate cert db (I guess, I've performed the process by hand as well, based on RedHat's docs and the script itself). This would imply to me that the admin console would find the generated certs and present them in the admin server's console (under the Configuration -> Encryption tab) in much the same way that it does in the directory server's console. I can't tell if something that's suppose to work isn't or if I'm misunderstanding something. I'd like to know before I try to generate new SSL certificates and import them.
Yes, that's the way it is supposed to work. I verified that it does work on FC5 using FDS 1.0.2.
Thanks much,
Jason