Re: Re: SubjectAltName how does it work?

Alex wrote:
Like Richard said, what is nsSSLPersonalitySSL set to in dse.ldif on the nodes?

you should keep the names consistent. I mean, how do you know whether alt-server refers to nodo1 or nodo2?? You know now but what about 5 months from now??

also, can you do ldapsearch -ZZ against both nodo1/2 without problems?

I'm apologize but I'don't understand what you want to say...and no....at
this point I can't do ldapsearch -zz

I only follow your instructions to enable encryption on both server and
trying to make a query from a client on both server using a floating ip with
ssl enable....I understood that the solution was SubjectAltName and I asked
in which way was possible to implement it...following Rob tips seems doesn't
working and last post is the last step on my configuration for testing it.

You are doing a couple of odd things:

1. Why does nodo1 get it's own nickname but nodo2 is named Alt-Cert? As I've said before, the nicknames aren't important, but you should have some sort of naming policy. 2. You may need to fully qualify the cn in the certificates: nodo1.domain.example.com. This alone could explain the -12276 error. I don't know if NSS will reconstitute the domain from it's dc components.

Does ldapsearch work against each fully-qualified host? Get ldapsearch working for the CN and for the alt subject first before trying to do MMR.

rob