Re: Running Fedora on windows

ismail gunes wrote:

 Hi all,
I'm new at This group and Fedora. I was looking for some directory servers on the web and I've seen the Fedora directory server. I wonder whether the Fedora directory server is available on windows or not. That is, can i install and run Fedora
 on a Windows machine? Thanks in advance.

We do not have Windows binaries. You could probably build it on Windows, but it will involve quite a bit of Makefile hacking. If you just want to run it on a PC, it's probably much easier to configure your PC for dual boot, and install Fedora Core on it, and then install Fedora DS. I've done this a few times - there are even tools which will allow you to do a non-destructive resize of your existing Windows partition if you need to.
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/install-guide/ch-x86-dualboot.html