Password Policy Request/Response Control does not work

Hi,
 Tested with 7.1.2 and 1.0.2, same result.

The Password Policy Request/Response Control does not work. I have written code to test it, as well as tested it with an OpenLDAP 2.3 client tool which supports sending the control request and decoding the control response.

The control request is sent to the server, but it is not returned to the client.

I enabled the password syntax checking and then tried to change the password to one which would obviously fail.

Example test:

ldappasswd \
	-a foobar \
	-s foo \
	-h directory.netauth.com \
	-D "uid=jacksonm,ou=users,dc=netauth,dc=com" \
	-x \
	-Z \
	-w foobar \
	-e ppolicy

Result: Constraint violation (19)
Additional info: Failed to update password

This is only the error from the modify password operation, but nothing from the password policy response. I expected a response equivalent to the corresponsong ASN schema: "passwordTooShort".

Is this a bug, or are there some secret switches to toggle to get the password policy controls working?

BR,
--
Mike