Re: Disabling vlv support

Reinhard Nappert wrote:

Unfortunately there is a bug (iPlanet/SUN Directory Server used to have
the same bug, but it was fixed recently). In case you perform vlv
searches and modifications occur at the same time the server hangs. Have
a look at the release notes
(http://docs.sun.com/source/819-1814-10/relnotes_ds51sp4.html) bug-id
4973380. Therefore, I do not want to accept any vlv requests.
This must be related to _indexed_ vlv requests concurrent with updates.
I don't believe that a non-indexed vlv request can deadlock an update.

Anyway, why don't you file the bug against FDS and get it fixed ????
(If you're sure that the bug is present in FDS then presumably you
have a reproduction case that can be pased into the bug report).

Is there a public Sun bugzilla where we can look at their bug report ?
(I believe the answer to that is no, but perhaps I'm not looking hard enough...)