Re: Samba integration

Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:

Hello,

I have seen Fedora Directory Server console has support for "NT User"
attributes when creating a new user in the directory. However, it
seems the enabling the "NT User" capability uses an objectclass named
"ntuser" instead of using "sambaSamAccount", which is the correct
objectclass for Samba 3.0 integration. Can this be changed?
NT user is for Windows synchronization (AD sync) - this is different than samba support. We are investigating adding support for samba to the console for a future release.

Also, Fedora Directory Server has a plugin for Password Modify
(LDAP_EXTOP_PASSMOD) which requires the invoker to always supply the
original password along the new password. This causes problems when
trying to use password synchronization between Samba and FDS, since
Samba can't supply the original password. Can this be changed? It
seems to me the only way of fixing this is by modifying the source
file sources/ldapserver/ldap/servers/slapd/passwd_extop.c, but the
building process seems overwhelming for me to try.
This is probably a bug in the server. I can't remember if the IETF password modify draft says that the original password can be omitted (the server has it anyway, from the BIND operation), but other password modify extop clients expect to be able to only pass in the new password.

Any ideas?
Thanks!