Re: POSTFIX and Prefilled data

Scott Boggs wrote:

Hello,

 I am looking into a method of automating POSTFIX attributes being added to a
user who is populated into the FDS from Active Directory with the
windows/password sync capability provided by FDS.  Is there any sort of plug-in
that already exists which could do this? Or is there a method to pre-fill most
of the POSIX fields which do not change often (home dir, user shell ect.)?
No, not that I know of, unless 3rd party products like Directory Administrator or GQ can do this. You would have to write a post-op add plug-in http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Plugins to have this done automatically when the new entries are added.

I am hoping that I do not have to use a third party application or self made
scripts to accomplish this. It would nice if I can continue to use the servers
administrative GUI.
The console can't do this either, but then it's a lot more work to have to edit each person manually with the GUI after they have been copied over from AD.

On the subject of having to use a alternate method to control POSIX information,
if it turns out that I won’t be able to use a automated method within the FDS’s
console, I am thinking of pulling the server away from the console.  If the
choice is to pull the console functionality out of my FDS installation, how will
that affect my ability to perform the replication functions needed for account
and password synchronization?
I'm not sure what you mean here. Why would not having an automated method of filling in POSIX information mean you would have to get rid of the console altogether? The console has many, many other features other than just editing user/group information.

Every feature of the server can be administered in 3 ways: Using the console; using LDAP commands (from a script or using ldapmodify); shutting down the server and editing config/dse.ldif.

Thanks for you Time